The Botany Bay Inne - Blandford Forum, Dorset
The pub was built in the 1920's by Hall and Woodhouse from land supplied by the squire, after being moved from the village so that the squire would not have to look upon the Inne. At the time it was called the General Allenby. The name was changed about 12 years ago due to the history of the 'Red Post' a quarter of a mile away. This was where the first prisoners sent to Australia from Dorchester asises stayed for the night, prior to being deported to Botany Bay - those who were struggling at this point were hanged.